Focus and Awareness
Focusing the attention is a form of athleticism. Like swimming, it requires training and practice.
- What aspects are important to focus on when you are solving a problem, or looking for new ideas?
- Do you need to refocus your attention?
- When do you need to refocus?
- And how do you know that you need to shift your attention?
A couple of blog posts about Attention and Focus.
Focus on What Matters When it Matters
Focus the Attention for a Loooong Time
Motivated Multitasking: How the Brain Keeps Tabs on Two Tasks at Once
Choose something that you are going to notice, deliberately.
Before you go out for your morning walk, to work, or shopping, choose an aspect that you are going to focus on.
You can focus on things like:
- a specific colour
- window frames
- building styles
- shape of trees
- advertisements in public spaces
- hair styles
- most commonly worn colours
- number of birds singing
- patterns on scarves people wear
- number of shoe shops
- loud sounds
There is no need to interpret your perceptions, nor to form any (mini)theories. Just focus your attention on something you normally would not do.
Photo: Danilo Rizzuti
One Reply to “T29 – Day 1”
Dear Asa, it’s fun. PS. The pdf is not working