In this post we will try to provoke new insights on Global Change.
A stratal is putting together a layer of unconnected, random statements or observations and looking at it as a whole. The purpose is to allow new ideas to materialize from evaluating the stratal as a holistic whole and not the disconnected pieces.
Do not try to be comprehensive and to connect up to the layers. Think of the stratal like wetting parts of the paper before painting a watercolor. When you come to the wet parts the paint will flow and form its own patterns.
We got a list of twelve unrelated, parallel statements about the problems of global warming. To make an unbiased choice, we asked a Number Generator to produce randomly three sets of five parallel statements about the problems of global warming from our list.
In roughly three decades, the global population will decline. Once that decline begins, it will never end. A characteristic of the revenue model of the climate is that the government facilitates the transfer of large sums of tax money and smartly encrypted subsidies of enormous sums of public money from citizens to profitable private parties. Industrial and technological revolutions have driven humans away from nature, climate change will bring us closer. We will learn from nature and grow in our respect for nature as well as other human beings. Climate change will lead to job creations that are more fulfilling than working in Bull Shit jobs (Jobs that make no meaningful contribution to the world, see our post) Climate change will make the world more equal since many poorer countries are quicker to make changes and they have not adopted lifestyles that escalate climate changes.
By Stratal A provoked thoughts
- The measures surrounding global warming are being hijacked by the business community.
- Only those solutions that are profitable in the short term are implemented.
- Companies have an interest in increasing the purchase of their new green products.
- This does not reduce the need for energy, it only makes production and consumption more efficient.
- The solutions for this are being sought in more technology, which is becoming increasingly complex and will certainly not lead to more bonding with nature.
- In addition, the costs will be recovered from the citizen, which leads to more resistance, which means that more BullShit jobs will be needed to sell the policy, regardless of the fact that entire jobs are taken over by technology.
- This will widen the gap between rich and poor in the Western world.
- Unless we can break through the hijacking of the global warming agenda by companies and also reduce the need for energy, however low-carbon it is produced.
- Economic development and increasing education will create more awareness in poor countries of the consequences of global warming, while at the same time the population will decrease, which together will lead to a decrease in pollution.
- Consideration should be given to speeding up the economic development in poor countries considerably, and to compensate for the increased CO2 emissions in later years.
On one side, the dominant issues of this century–such as, for example, climate change and nuclear weapons–require a global community; on the other, immigration and nationalism form the basis of the defense mechanism of those threatened by globalization. A range of new technologies that are fusing the physical, digital, and biological worlds, affecting all disciplines, economies, and industries, characterize The Fourth Industrial Revolution Climate change is an opportunity to redesign our lives and cities. Industrial and technological revolutions have driven humans away from nature, climate change will bring us closer. We will learn from nature and grow in our respect for nature as well as other human beings. At the current energy prices, human generating electricity would earn only 0.015 € per hour
By Stratal B provoked thoughts
- The competition between nation-states and the climate movements with its emphasis on human solidarity is problematic when looking for solutions related to climate change.
- Greenhouse gases do not respect borders.
- Now only ideas and solutions that are tailored to nations are implemented.
- Challenges with solving problems related to climate change and reducing the impacts of changes to our climate will require broad solutions where people from different disciplines work together as well as people living in different nations.
- Climate change might bring us, humans, together and broad solutions across national borders might be developed.
- Yet, it might unless we are careful in our approach result in widening the gap between rich and poor countries, and rich and poor people living in a country.
- Ways to support local movements could bring down the defense mechanisms related to climate change by engaging the population in working together.
- Producing human electricity and lowering the daily energy usage could be valued on a global level + leading to an increase in economic value as well as personal satisfaction.
- Immigration and migration are often seen as problems that are threatening climate change.
- Human movements might inspire new ways to design our lives and cities.
Stratal C: Now it is your turn!
Climate Change Is an Opportunity for business to thrive
Global extreme poverty is exacerbated by the disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic in conjunction with climate change.
Climate change is a wake-up call that our economy and lifestyle choices are not making us happier. It is having devastating effects on a wide range of human rights such as the rights to life, health, food, housing, and water, and the right to a healthy environment.
Choose at random two more lines from stratal A or B and follow your thoughts. Any new insights, ideas, areas to explore?
- Story Cubes and Stratals. One of the best ways to explain complicated things is by using an analogy or a metaphor. A stratal works in the same way as a story cube . Although, you first have to make all by yourself “the symbols”–the text lines–which act as stimuli for the fantasy. Then the layers of the unconnected statements about a situation provide your input for imaginative thinking.
- Running Out of People. In contrast to the prediction made by the UN, which is based on vertical knowledge, or “everybody knows” knowledge, they asked “real people” about the choices they are making and using these data to make predictions about the future. If you use data where you actually asked young people about how many children they are planning to have, the answer is two children.The UN-prediction does not consider the effects of education for females or the speed of urbanization.
- Global Moral Development, Global Elitism and Global Institutions.We suggested constructing a stratal is to sensitize the mind so that new ideas can come forward and provokes ‘So what?’ thoughts about the relationship between those statements and the opportunities they might raise.
- The Fourth Industrial Revolution. What are the consequence for the Meaning of Life by the fusing developments in information- and bio-technology?